Richard C. Lewontin Archives
Richard C. Lewontin • 40 Items / 4 Books, 21 Articles, 15 Reviews
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
[+] Billions and Billions of Demons (Review)
The Demon-Haunted World, by Carl Sagan
- The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
The Cold War and the University (1997)
Noam Chomsky, Laura Nader, and Immanuel Wallerstein, ...
Toward an Intellectual History of the Postwar Years
2 Reviews, 1 Readable
[+] The Confusion over Cloning (Review)
Cloning Human Beings,
- Cloning Human Beings
'The Confusion over Cloning'
Harold T. Shapiro, James F. Childress, and Thomas H. Murray, ...
'The Corpse in the Elevator'
Francis J. Rigney, Thomas A. Kursar, and R.C. Lewontin, ...
[+] The Corpse in the Elevator (2 Reviews)
Against Biological Determinism, by Steven Rose
- Against Biological Determinism by Steven Rose
- Towards a Liberatory Biology by Steven Rose
[+] Darwin, Mendel & the Mind (5 Reviews)
The Survival of Charles Darwin, by Ronald W. Clark
- The Survival of Charles Darwin by Ronald W. Clark
- The Correspondence of Charles Darwin, Vol. I: 1821-1836 by Frederick Burkhardt, Sydney Smith, and Charles Darwin, ...
- Past Masters: Mendel by Vitezslav Orel
- Past Masters: Lamarck by L.J. Jordanova
- Neuronal Man by Jean-Pierre Changeux
[+] Darwin's Revolution (8 Reviews)
Darwin for Beginners, by Jonathan Miller and Borin Van Loon
- Darwin for Beginners by Jonathan Miller and Borin Van Loon
- Evolution Now by John Maynard Smith
- Evolution Without Evidence by Barry G. Gale
- The Monkey Puzzle by John Gribbin and Jeremy Cherfas
- The Myths of Human Evolution by Niles Eldredge and Ian Tattersall
- Science on Trial by Douglas J. Futuyma
- Abusing Science by Philip Kitcher and Patricia Kitcher
- Darwinism Defended by Michael Ruse
The Dialectical Biologist (1986)
Richard Levins and Richard C. Lewontin
2 Reviews, 1 Readable
[+] The Dream of the Human Genome (9 Reviews)
The Code of Codes, by Daniel J. Kevles and Leroy Hood
- The Code of Codes by Daniel J. Kevles and Leroy Hood
- Mapping the Code by Joel L. Davis
- Mapping Our Genes by Lois Wingerson
- Genethics by Peter Knudtson and David Suzuki
- Genome by Jerry E. Bishop and Michael Waldholz
- Exons, Introns, and Talking Genes by Christopher Wills
- Dangerous Diagnostics by Dorothy Nelkin and Laurence Tancredi
- Mapping and Sequencing the Human Genome
- DNA Technology in Forensic Science
An Exchange on 'Gender'
S.F. Witelson and R.C. Lewontin
[+] Fallen Angels (Review)
Wonderful Life, by Stephen Jay Gould
- Wonderful Life by Stephen Jay Gould
'Genes and Sexuality'
Ward F. Odenwald, Frank R. Aqueno, and Jonathan Ned Katz, ...
Paul R. Gross, Norman Levitt, and R.C. Lewontin
In the Blood
[+] The Inferiority Complex (Review)
The Mismeasure of Man, by Stephen Jay Gould
- The Mismeasure of Man by Stephen Jay Gould
Is Intelligence for Real?
Terry Tomkow, Robert M. Martin, and Steven Orzack, ...
[+] The Last of the Nasties? (Review)
The Lost World, by Michael Crichton
- The Lost World by Michael Crichton
Richard C. Lewontin, Lewis Thomas, and Asher Seidel, ...
M.E. Bradford, Alfred Kazin, and Francis J. Rigney, ...
David Jackson, Robert Craft, Gershon Silins, and John Clarke, ...
Martha Nussbaum, Richard Lewontin, and Zdenka Brodska, ...
Oliver Sacks, Albert Boime, Richard Dorment, and R.C. Lewontin, ...
R.C. Lewontin and John Maynard Smith
Rakiya Omaar, Roland F. Perkins, and Hugh Lloyd-Jones, ...
Arthur Stinchcombe, David Burress, and R.C. Lewontin, ...
Clancy Sigal, Jonathan Raban, Sam Abrams, and Tony Judt, ...
Not in Our Genes (1984)
Richard Lewontin, Steven Rose, and Leon J. Kamin, ...
Biology, Ideology, and Human Nature
5 Reviews, 1 Readable
[+] Not So Natural Selection (Review)
What Darwin Got Wrong, by Jerry Fodor and Massimo Piattelli-Palmarini
- What Darwin Got Wrong by Jerry Fodor and Massimo Piattelli-Palmarini
Science & 'The Demon-Haunted World'
Wayne C. Booth, Harold Dorn, and Richard A. Bernstein, ...
[+] The Science of Metamorphoses (2 Reviews)
Controlling Life, by Philip J. Pauly
- Controlling Life by Philip J. Pauly
- Topobiology by Gerald M. Edelman
[+] Sex, Lies, and Social Science (3 Reviews)
Science in the Bedroom, by Vern L. Bullough
- Science in the Bedroom by Vern L. Bullough
- The Social Organization of Sexuality by Edward O. Laumann, John H. Gagnon, and Robert T. Michael, ...
- Sex in America by Robert T. Michael, John H. Gagnon, and Edward O. Laumann, ...
'Sex, Lies, and Social Science'
Edward O. Laumann, John H. Gagnon, and Robert T. Michael, ...
'Sex, Lies, and Social Sciences'
Christine K. Cassel, M.D., Howard Schuman, and Richard Lewontin, ...
[+] A Simple Problem Science Can't Solve (Review)
Women in Science, by Vivian Gornick
- Women in Science by Vivian Gornick
[+] Survival of the Nicest? (Review)
Unto Others, by Elliott Sober and David Sloan Wilson
- Unto Others by Elliott Sober and David Sloan Wilson
The Triple Helix (2000)
Gene, Organism, and Environment
Women v. the Biologists
Sarah Blaffer Hrdy, C. Davison Ankney, and Richard Lewontin, ...
[+] Women Versus the Biologists (6 Reviews)
Exploding the Gene Myth, by Ruth Hubbard and Elijah Wald
- Exploding the Gene Myth by Ruth Hubbard and Elijah Wald
- Biological Woman--The Convenient Myth by Ruth Hubbard, Mary Sue Henifin, and Barbara Fried, ...
- Woman's Nature by Marian Lowe and Ruth Hubbard
- Genes and Gender II by Ruth Hubbard and Marian Lowe
- The Politics of Women's Biology by Ruth Hubbard
- The Shape of Red by Ruth Hubbard and Margaret Randall
No Items Found