The Women's Quarterly Archives
The Women's Quarterly • 9 Years, 33 Issues, 391 Articles, 940pp
Winter 2001 Issue - 15 Articles
- Better Red Than Dead, pp. 2-3
Charlotte Hays says it's better to be red than dead
- How to Keep Your Head...and Other Management Secrets of Liz Tudor, CEO, pp. 4-6
Roger Kimball says Queen Elizabeth I's hour has arrived
- How Do Women Rule? Just Like Men, pp. 7-9
Christine Stolba says folks who believe women rulers are nicer don't know their herstory
- The Two Faces of Paula Jones, pp. 10-12
Kate Kennedy says "Penthouse Paula" let her down, while Anita K. Blair argues Paula was...
- Poll-Pourri, p. 13
- The Women's Quarterly's False Courage Awards, pp. 14-15
- Hollywood Courage, pp. 16-17
Joseph Epstein reveals what it takes to get a standing ovation nowadays
- Fact, Fiction, and Feel-good History, pp. 18-20
Mary Lefkowitz on Afro-centrism and myth as history
The Token Man
- Confessions of a Duffer, p. 21
Byron York suddenly realizes that golf magazines are a lot like women's magazines
- Jock Envy, p. 22
David Shiflett predicts that, in our lifetimes, there will never be a female linebacker...
- Sidelined!, p. 23
Kimberly Schuld on how football wannabe Heather Mercer may have kicked female athletes ...
- NOW--So Very THEN, pp. 24-25
Kathryn Jean Lopez introduces the Rippa Van Winkle who is the frontrunner to take over NOW
- Crazy or Lazy? Inside the Disability World, pp. 26-29
Heather Mac Donald shows how generous payments are crippling the system--and the recipi...
- Correspondence, p. 30
One Last Observation
- Feminist Holidays, pp. 31-32
Kathryn Jean Lopez wassails through the year with the sisterhood