The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
October 2004 Issue - 16 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-8
New Bush lies...The Dixie Chick vote...JFK's in the clutch...Staying the wrong course.....
10 Miles Square
- Junior League, p. 9
- The Zoology of Swing Voters , pp. 10-12
- The Bush Freedom Tax, pp. 13-15
A Republicn president has raised fees on exactly the things he wants immigrants to do--...
- Iran Contra II?, pp. 16-17
Fresh strutiny on a rogue Pentagon operation
- False Alarm, pp. 18-23
How the media helps the insurance industry and the GOP promote the myth of America's "l...
- Party Down, pp. 24-29
Like the Democrats during the 1970s, today's GOP is hidebound, corrupt, out of touch---...
- Faith Without Works, pp. 30-33
After four years, the president's faith-based policies have proven to be neither compas...
- Research and Destroy, pp. 34-38
How the religious right promotes its own "experts" to combat mainstream science
- The Simplest Life, pp. 39-40
Why Americans romanticize the Amish
On Political Books
[+] Sailing Away (Review) , pp. 41-42
Miles Gone By, by William F. Buckley, Jr.
- Miles Gone By by William F. Buckley, Jr.
[+] Power Trippi (Review) , pp. 43-46
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, by Joe Trippi
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised by Joe Trippi
[+] Historical Regression (Review) , pp. 47-48
War and the American Presidency, by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
- War and the American Presidency by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
[+] Trial and Error (Review) , pp. 49-51
The Truth About the Drug Companies, by Marcia Angell
- The Truth About the Drug Companies by Marcia Angell
- Meanwhile in America..., pp. 52-54