The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1995 Issue - 24 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-8
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 9
- The Dark Side of Camp, pp. 10-14
Why irony and detachment sometimes add up to nastiness and snobbery.
- APSA Guide, p. 15
- Why Clinton Wishes He Were JFK, pp. 16-19
It's not just the President who seems lost in the Washington power labyrinth. The cultu...
- Who's Who, pp. 20-22
- Regulatory Reform: The Case for Common Sense, pp. 23-27
An interview with Philip K. Howard.
- Memo of the Month, p. 28
- Act Now--There's Still Time to Stop the "Revolution", pp. 29-32
The Monthly pull-out guide to the GOP's most dangerous ideas.
- The Medicare Solution, pp. 33-37
And why myths, misinformation, and mudslinging--from both parties--won't get us there.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 38
- Taking a Hard Right, pp. 39-43
Why all of us--including the President--should be paying more attention to the conserva...
On Political Books
[+] The Three Faces of Newt (Review) , p. 44
Gingrich's book is alternately frightening, sensible, and just plain loony--much like t...
- To Renew America by Newt Gingrich
[+] Newt Romances the Reich (Review) , pp. 45-47
1945~~Nineteen Forty-Five, by Newt Gingrich and William R. Forstchen
- 1945~~Nineteen Forty-Five by Newt Gingrich and William R. Forstchen
[+] The Best of Enemies (Review) , pp. 48-49
The absorbing memoirs of Anatoly Dobrynin, a statesman who cared more about settling di...
- In Confidence by Anatoly Dobrynin
[+] Polluted Justice (Review) , pp. 50-51
How a case against corporate polluters shows that even clear victims of injustice have ...
- A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , pp. 52-53
[+] Review Back Fire, by Roger Warner (Review) , pp. 52-53
- Back Fire by Roger Warner
[+] Review The Ashes of Waco, by Dick J. Reavis (Review) , pp. 54-55
- The Ashes of Waco by Dick J. Reavis
[+] Review Harvard Med, by John Langone (Review) , p. 56
- Harvard Med by John Langone
[+] Review The Southern Front, by Eugene D. Genovese (Review) , p. 57
- The Southern Front by Eugene D. Genovese
[+] Review The Making of a Conservative Environmentalist,... (Review) , pp. 58-59
- The Making of a Conservative Environmentalist by Gordon K. Durnil
- Political Puzzle, pp. 60-62
- Cover photograph