The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
January 1992 Issue - 19 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-8
The spa subsidy... felonies with a feminine touch... poultry power!... joyriding with G...
- Who's Who, p. 9
- Building America to Last, pp. 10-16
A smarter investment strategy can end the recession and balance the budget.
- Political Puzzle, p. 17
- Egads! The S&L Scandal Lives!, pp. 18-24
Why the government's S&L supercops still let the bad guys break the banks.
- Memo of the Month, p. 25
- Marcus Welby, PA, pp. 26-29
Sometimes the best doctor isn't a doctor at all.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 30
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 31
- Oedipal Wrecks, pp. 32-40
Has a century of Freud bred a country of narcissists?
On Political Books
[+] Ruling by Degree (Review) , pp. 41-47
Why the new meritocracy is bad for America.
- The Protestant Establishment by E. Digby Baltzell
[+] The Predators' Fall (Review) , pp. 48-49
Sure, Milken and Boesky got busted. But that's not why Wall Street went bust.
- Den of Thieves by James B. Stewart
[+] The New Old Boy (Review) , pp. 50-53
Why even the best congressmen sell out to stay in.
- House Rules by Robert Cwiklik
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , p. 54
[+] Review Inside Out, by Dennis B. Levine and William Ho... (Review) , p. 54
- Inside Out by Dennis B. Levine and William Hoffer
[+] Review Commandos: The CIA and Nicaragua's Contra Rebe... (Review) , pp. 55-56
- Commandos: The CIA and Nicaragua's Contra Rebels by Sam Dillon
[+] Review A People's Charter, by James MacGregor Burns a... (Review) , p. 57
- A People's Charter by James MacGregor Burns and Stewart Burns
[+] Review Happy Endings, by Sally Quinn (Review) , p. 58
- Happy Endings by Sally Quinn
[+] Review The Overworked American, by Juliet B. Schor (Review) , pp. 58-62
- The Overworked American by Juliet B. Schor