The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
April 1990 Issue - 21 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-9
Antique airliners... Bill Bradley's big mistake... The Max Bialystock Award... and othe...
- Blooperfund, pp. 10-12
That's supposed to be cleanup, not coverup.
- The Worst City Government, pp. 13-15
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 16
- Dealing with the Devil, pp. 17-22
Why is the U.S. helping the worst killers since Hitler?
- White Coats, Black Deeds, pp. 23-31
The new scientific method: lie, cheat, and get good PR.
- Memo of the Month, p. 32
- The Academic Side-step, pp. 33-37
Academic freedom is supposed to foster debate. So why do college presidents use it to a...
- Will the Department of Energy Finally Stop Nuking America?, pp. 38-47
Prospects for national energy reform.
- Who's Who, p. 48
On Political Books
[+] Pray TV (Review) , pp. 49-51
Religious television is here to stay, so let's get it right.
- Forgiven by Charles E. Shepard
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 52
[+] Getting the Shaft (Review) , pp. 53-55
Today's miners battle the same enemy their grandfathers did--the press release.
- Where the Sun Never Shines by Priscilla Long
- Political Puzzle, p. 56
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , p. 57
[+] Review The Medical Triangle, by Eli Ginzberg (Review) , p. 57
- The Medical Triangle by Eli Ginzberg
[+] Review Behind the Factory Walls, by Paul R. Lawrence ... (Review) , p. 58
- Behind the Factory Walls by Paul R. Lawrence and Charalambos A. Vlachoutsicos, ...
[+] Review The Growth Experiment, by Lawrence B. Lindsey (Review) , p. 58
- The Growth Experiment by Lawrence B. Lindsey
[+] Review The Genocidal Mentality, by Robert Jay Lifton ... (Review) , p. 59
- The Genocidal Mentality by Robert Jay Lifton and Eric Markusen
[+] Review Flashbacks: On Returning to Vietnam, by Morley... (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Flashbacks: On Returning to Vietnam by Morley Safer
- Cover Art