The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
March 1980 Issue - 16 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-8
- On the Job: Sheepskins Are For Sheep, pp. 9-17
Diplomas look great on the wall, but they don't get the job done.
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 18-19
- In Journalism: Getting 'The Right Stuff' Right, pp. 20-27
What's wrong with it is as important as what's right.
- In Politics: Choosing Wars Wisely, pp. 28-41
Can spies and idealism mix? Yes. In fact, we have no other choice.
- In Business: Taking the Babbitt Test, pp. 42-46
Business can be creative, so businessmen no less than artists need the spur of sympathe...
- Memo of the Month, p. 47
- Where to Stay in Washington, pp. 48-49
- In Education: Teaching The Colleges A Lesson, pp. 50-57
Teachers who teach, students who study, and other revolutionary ideas for higher educat...
- Who's Who, p. 58
- In Life: Getting Off The Money Standard, pp. 59-62
People think they use their money, but it's usually the other way around.
[+] Political Booknotes (3 Reviews) , p. 63
[+] Review The Energy Book, by Wayne Hanley and John Hans... (Review) , p. 63
- The Energy Book by Wayne Hanley and John Hanson Mitchell
[+] Review Money in Congressional Elections, by Gary C. J... (Review) , p. 64
- Money in Congressional Elections by Gary C. Jacobson
[+] Review The State of the Presidency, by Thomas E. Cronin (Review) , pp. 64-66
- The State of the Presidency by Thomas E. Cronin
- Cover Art