The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
October 1979 Issue - 17 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-4
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 5-8
- The President and the Press, pp. 9-17
Hostile as they may seem, they are united by a fascination with politics and an ignoran...
- China at Eye-Level: Stripping Away the Stereotypes While There's Still Time, pp. 18-28
In the space of 30 years, the Chinese have gone from being demons to saints in American...
- Political Puzzle, p. 29
- The Tail and the Dog: How the Staff Wags Congress, pp. 30-37
The most powerful special interest affecting a congressman is his staff.
- Who's Who, pp. 38-40
- Mail Fraud on Capitol Hill, pp. 41-48
How to answer constituent mail and keep everybody happy.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 49
- Memo of the Month, p. 50
- Power to the People: Making the Constitution Work Again, pp. 51-58
The Constitution has been out of date for the last 40 years and the the result is a gov...
- Where to Stay in Washington, pp. 59-60
[+] Political Books (Review) , pp. 61-62
Breaking Ranks, by Norman Podhoretz
- Breaking Ranks by Norman Podhoretz
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 63
[+] Review Endgame, by Strobe Talbott (Review) , p. 63
- Endgame by Strobe Talbott
[+] Review The Man Who Kept the Secrets, by Thomas Powers (Review) , p. 63
- The Man Who Kept the Secrets by Thomas Powers
[+] Review Power on the Left, by Lawrence Lader (Review) , p. 63
- Power on the Left by Lawrence Lader
[+] Review We Don't Want Nobody Nobody Sent, by Milton L.... (Review) , pp. 64-66
- We Don't Want Nobody Nobody Sent by Milton L. Rakove