The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1976 Issue - 11 Articles
- Prisoners of Liberation, pp. 2-16
We've gotten into a lot of trouble by blindly following an idea whose time has passed.
- Memo of the Month, p. 17
The Washington Sandbag Avoidance and Mine Detector Kit
- The Seductions of Washington Society, pp. 18-24
You can't change Washington if you're part of it.
- Political Puzzle, p. 25
- A Kind Word For The Spoils System, pp. 26-29
Most people think civil service is good and politics is bad. They're wrong.
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 30-31
- Why the Sun Will Never Set on the Federal Empire, pp. 32-41
The Federal Energy Administration was set up as a temporary agency. It's a permanent on...
- The Foreign Policy Club: They've Been Wrong Before and They'll Be Wrong Again, pp. 42-47
The people who brought us all the foreign policy mistakes of the '60s have been turning...
- The Final Days of The Third Reich as Told to Woodward and Bernstein, pp. 48-52
In The Final Days, Woodward and Bernstein seem to have accepted as gospel the self-serv...
- Maybe We Should Help Pan Am, pp. 53-61
Liberals are right in condemning the conservative hypocrisy that heaps largess on Lock...
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
The ACLU on Trial, by William H. McIlhany
- The ACLU on Trial by William H. McIlhany
- The American Judicial Tradition by G. Edward White
- On Revolt: Strategies of National Liberation by J. Bowyer Bell
- The Politics of Exclusion by Michael N. Danielson
- Nancy Reagan by Roger Elwood
- The Transformation of Southern Politics by Jack Bass and Walter De Vries