The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1976 Issue - 10 Articles
- Going Home, pp. 8-18
Bright people leave home today almost as a matter of course, and they suffer a lot of h...
- Political Puzzle, p. 19
- How F. Edward Hebert Shaved $46 Billion from the Defense Budget, pp. 20-26
The liberals', whipping boy did what the liberals have never been able to do, by using ...
- Memo of the Month, p. 27
- The Imperial Press, pp. 28-34
The press has taken on a good many of the characteristics of its recent enemy, the impe...
- A Case for Intervention, pp. 35-42
Sometimes it's worthwhile to save people from totalitarianism for their sake--and becau...
- Watergate: Two Who Got Away, pp. 43-47
The inaction of the Special Prosecutor in the face of the evidence against William O. B...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 48-49
- Why People Like You Joined the CIA, pp. 50-60
If you were young, liberal, idealistic, and adventurous in the 50s, the Company was the...
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
As It Was, by Henry Cabot Lodge
- As It Was by Henry Cabot Lodge
- Blacks and the Populist Revolt by Gerald H. Gaither
- Chief Counsel by Samuel Dash
- Power, Inc by Morton Mintz and Jerry S. Cohen
- Worlds of Pain by Lillian B. Rubin