The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1975 Issue - 12 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-6
- The Moral Myopia of Magazines, pp. 7-18
Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like being subsidized.
- The Case Against Energy Independence, pp. 19-26
Our bipartisan rush toward inflation, recession, and pollution.
- Tying the Imperial Purse Strings, pp. 27-30
Congress knows as little about what goes on inside the White House as it does about wha...
- Selling the Sahel, pp. 31-41
This year's marketing strategy for foreign aid is humanitarianism. What will they think...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 42-43
- State Government All-Stars, pp. 44-50
The Washington Monthly picks 'em.
- Memo of the Month, p. 51
- Political Puzzle, p. 52
- Expense Account Insights on the South, pp. 53-57
How to cover rural Alabama from a bar in New Orleans.
- Guide to APSA, pp. 58-59
[+] Political Booknotes (15 Reviews) , pp. 60-66
Better Giving, by George G Kirstein
- Better Giving by George G Kirstein
- Can America Win the Next War? by Drew Middleton
- Execution Eve by William F. Buckley, Jr.
- The First Casualty by Phillip Knightley
- Labor by Herrick S Roth
- Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went by John Kenneth Galbraith
- The Morality of Consent by Alexander M. Bickel
- My Father: A Remembrance by Hugo Black, Jr.
- The New Reformers by Stephen C. Schlesinger
- Political Money by David W. Adamany and George E. Agree
- Power! How to Get It, How to Use It by Michael Korda
- A Presidential Nation by Joseph A. Califano, Jr.
- Presidential Style by Samuel I. Rosenman and Dorothy Rosenman
- Washington Journal by Elizabeth Drew
- Witness to Power by Marquis W. Childs