The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1975 Issue - 11 Articles
- NASA (That's Right, NASA )is a Good Thing, pp. 5-15
NASA gave us the Whole Earth. The environmentalists hate NASA. Nobody loves a technocrat.
- The Capital Crisis: Crying Wolf on Wall Street, pp. 16-22
Treasury Secretary Simon says we can't afford the future. Stockbrokers say "Whoopie!"
- Memo of the Month, p. 23
Election Special:One Year to Nowhere
- The Two Party Pork Barrel, pp. 24-30
It looks like four more years of four more years.
- This Time Everybody's Got a Creep, pp. 31-37
The 1974 campaign finance law substituted adding machines for attache cases.
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 38-39
- Now You're Thinking Like a Lawyer, pp. 40-48
Lawyers already run the country. Now the public interest movement wants to create a WPA...
- Political Puzzle, p. 49
- The Martial Arts, pp. 50-53
The Marines need a few good men- preferably french horn players.
- The Spoiled Child, pp. 54-60
"If life is not a slice of cheese, what is it?" asked Brigitte Bardot. How the American...
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
Act of Vengeance, by Trevor Armbrister
- Act of Vengeance by Trevor Armbrister
- Don't Make No Waves---Don't Back No Losers by Milton L. Rakove
- The Last Days of the Club by Chris Welles
- Power Shift by Kirkpatrick Sale
- The Promise and the Performance by Lewis J. Paper
- Up from Communism by John P. Diggins