The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
April 1975 Issue - 11 Articles
- Letters, p. 4
Is It True What They Say About Monopolies?
- Ripping off Con Ed, pp. 5-15
It's no secret what Con Ed does to the people of New York. Here's a surprising look at ...
- The Political Puzzle, p. 16
- Beets, Beef, and Henry Wallace, pp. 17-24
If you suspect that agribusiness is the main culprit behind escalating food prices, her...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 25-28
What Every Lobbyist Knows
- What Politicians Really Want, pp. 29-33
Every politician has a dream of what life will be like once he's elected. Making the dr...
- Al Ullman: How Like a Mills, pp. 34-39
Differences in personal style shouldn't obscure an essential similarity: a fondness for...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 40-41
- Better Than Deep Throat, pp. 42-52
The best sources don't have to be found in midnight meetings in garages; they're right ...
- Is It Getting Too Sexy?, pp. 53-62
With investigative journalism becoming the new growth industry, would-be Woodsteins wil...
[+] Political Book Notes (7 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
Burn the Schools--Save the Children, by David Melton
- Burn the Schools--Save the Children by David Melton
- Clout by Len O'Connor
- Inside the House by Daniel Rapoport
- Political Culture by Walter A. Rosenbaum
- The Professors by Herbert B. Livesey
- Resignation in Protest by Edward Weisband and Thomas M. Franck
- Vital Signs, USA by John Fischer