The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1974 Issue - 10 Articles
- The Man Who Nailed Tony Boyle, pp. 4-11
A tough prosecutor who asks for the death penalty and convicts 14-year-olds of first-de...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 12-14
- How to Take Over The Government, pp. 15-23
Elliot Richardson was at the top of four government departments within four years. This...
- Memo of the Month, p. 24
- Did Kissinger Leak the Big One?, pp. 25-27
A working hypothesis on the origins of the Plumbers.
- Hustling on the Range, pp. 28-41
When right-wing senators like Dewey Bartlett rail against the poverty program, you usua...
The Crazies Problem
- Clever Briefers, Crazy Leaders,and Myopic Analysts, pp. 42-49
Three perils to world peace are examined by Henry Kissinger's favorite buggee.
- Crazies By the Tail, pp. 50-58
What did the Cuban Freedom Brigade, Ngo Dinh Diem, and G. Gordon Liddy have in common?
- The Political Puzzle, pp. 59-60
[+] Political Book Notes (6 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
FDR's Last Year, by Jim Bishop
- FDR's Last Year by Jim Bishop
- Innocents at Home: America in the 1970s by Tad Szulc
- Justice in Everyday Life by Howard Zinn
- The New Politics Congress by Thomas P. Murphy
- The Power Broker by Robert A. Caro
- United Nations Journal by William F. Buckley, Jr.