The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
October 1974 Issue - 12 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- The Political Puzzle, p. 6
- What Do We Do Next?, p. 7
- A Platform for the Seventies, pp. 8-18
Fifteen places to start.
- Putting Yourself on the Line, pp. 19-28
Conservatives and liberals are becoming indistinguishable in their support of the state...
- How Not to HelpSmall Business, pp. 29-34
The Small Business Administration specializes in helping banks, not entrepreneurs.
The Screwing of the Average Man
- The Victim as Co-Conspirator, pp. 35-40
For a tiny piece of the action, we are silent partners of the rich and powerful in thei...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 41
- Graduate School for the Generals, pp. 42-52
What goes on at the nation's war colleges helps explain why the military's briefings we...
- Moral Myopia Michael Straight, Jack Anderson, The New York Review, and The Washington Monthly, pp. 53-58
Jack Anderson can take criticism, but the higher-toned folks can't.
- Memo of the Month, pp. 59-60
[+] Political Book Notes (12 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
The Benchwarmers, by Joseph C. Goulden
- The Benchwarmers by Joseph C. Goulden
- The Gerald Ford Letters by Robert N. Winter-Berger
- The Money Motive by Thomas Wiseman
- Nixon's Good Deed by Vincent J. Burke and Vee Burke
- Notes on the Old System by Marcus G. Raskin
- Peace in the Middle East? by Noam Chomsky
- Political Primeval by Edgar Berman
- The President Is Calling by Milton S. Eisenhower
- The Presidential Campaign by Stephen Hess
- Serving Justice by J. Harvie Wilkinson III
- Tales of ITT by Thomas S. Burns
- The Working-Class Majority by Andrew Levison