The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
June 1974 Issue - 11 Articles
- Letters, pp. 5-6
- The Unions- How Much Can a Good Man Do?, pp. 7-24
Arnold Miller has turned the United Mine Workers into a democratic union, but its survi...
- F. Edward Hebert- A Credit to His Race, pp. 25-30
For 25 years the Army didn't realize they needed their own medical school. It took a ne...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 31-32
- Ramparts:The End of Muckraking Magazines, pp. 33-42
Investigative reporting is the current craze with newspapers.and the magazine that came...
- Big is Bad for Us All, pp. 43-44
The growth of conglomerates has been widely lamented, but there has been the lurking f...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 45
- With the White House Fellows, pp. 46-56
Wanting to be something versus wanting to do something. Up and In
- With Mailer, Millett, and Capote, pp. 57-61
in Washington and New York.
[+] Political Book Notes (12 Reviews) , pp. 62-63
American Odyssey, by Robert E. Conot
- American Odyssey by Robert E. Conot
- Behind the Front Page by Chris Argyris
- Blue Cross by Sylvia A. Law
- Elites in the Policy Process by Robert V. Presthus
- The Emerging Democratic Majority by Lanny J. Davis
- Exploring Contradictions by Philip Brenner and Robert Borosage
- Give! by Harvey Katz
- In the Human Interest by Lester R. Brown
- Jerry Ford, Up Close by Bud Vestal
- Patriotism Without Flags by Daniel Lang
- The Politics of Turmoil by Richard A. Cloward
- Test of Loyalty by Peter Schrag
- The Political Puzzle, pp. 64-66