The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1974 Issue - 11 Articles
- Letters, pp. 5-8
- A Primer on the Economy: How We Can Survive the Seventies, pp. 9-22
Inside our padded economy is a healthy system crying to be set free. Three ways to elim...
- How We Can Bring Back Quality: Sharing a Piece of the Action, pp. 23-31
One way to give workers a reason for caring.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 32
The Screwing of the Average Man
- How Your Lawyer Does It, pp. 33-42
Our lawyers are so busy getting fair treatment for the rich that they can't afford to w...
- No Watergate Landslide, pp. 43-47
If you're hoping that the Republicans' election-year panic will stampede them into voti...
- Memo of the Month, p. 48
- How Much Did You Give Last Year?, pp. 49-53
We .can cast Richard Nixon as Scrooge, but that leaves an awful lot of us competing for...
- Political Puzzle, p. 54
- From Korea With Love, pp. 55-61
We can cast Richard Nixon as Scrooge, but that leaves an awful lot of us competing for ...
[+] Political Book Notes (4 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
Armageddon in the Middle East, by Dana Adams Schmidt
- Armageddon in the Middle East by Dana Adams Schmidt
- Citizen Participation and the Urban Policy Process by Richard L. Cole
- The March of Socialism by Julio Alvarez del Vayo
- Plain Speaking by Merle Miller