The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
October 1973 Issue - 12 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- The Care We Need and Want, pp. 6-20
Compassionate, competent, communistic.
- The Morality of Medicine, pp. 21-27
The Morality of Medicine
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 28-29
- A Latin-American Vietnam, pp. 30-37
Panama wants the Canal Zone back. The American generals treasure their little fiefdom. ...
- The Political Puzzle, p. 38
- After the Scandal: Picking Up the Pieces, pp. 39-44
John Dean and Jeb Magruder, take note. There are lessons to be learned from another man...
- Running for office:All You Need is an Issue, pp. 45-48
The rise of grassroots fund-raising means that you no longer have to be rich or a sell-...
- The McGovern Campaigners: Their Dirty Little Secret, pp. 49-52
It wasn't all idealism out there on the campaign trail.
[+] The Great Stagflation Machine (Review) , pp. 53-58
What Daniel Ellsberg can teach us about inflation.
- Inflation by Robert Lekachman
- Memo of the Month, pp. 59-60
[+] Political Book Notes (16 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
The American Connection, by John Pekkanen
- The American Connection by John Pekkanen
- The Anderson Papers by Jack Anderson and George Clifford
- The Anguish of Change by Louis Harris
- Beyond the Best Interests of the Child by Joseph Goldstein, Anna Freud, and Albert J. Solnit, ...
- Captain America And The Crusade Against Evil by Robert Jewett and John Shelton Lawrence
- Defeated: Inside America's Military Machine by Stuart H. Loory
- Goodbye, Mr. Christian by Richard Dougherty
- Harry Dexter White by David Rees
- Old Wars Remain Unfinished by Sar A. Levitan and Karen A. Cleary
- Opening Up the Suburbs by Anthony Downs
- The Price of Vision by John Morton Blum and Henry A. Wallace
- Prisoner of Mao by Jean Pasqualini and Rudolph Chelminski
- The Saturday Night Special by Robert Sherrill
- Scandals in the Highest Office by Hope Ridings Miller
- The U.S. Intelligence Community by Lyman B. Kirkpatrick
- Why Justice Fails by Whitney North Seymour