The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
May 1973 Issue - 10 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-6
- We Knew What WeWere Doing When We Went Into Vietnam, pp. 7-26
Today we think of Vietnam as a trap that our leaders deceived us into entering. In fact...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 27
- Waiting for Disarmament: Weapons We Can Live With-and Without, pp. 28-35
We look forward to a zero military budget in the future. But if we're to have a smaller...
- Memo of the Month, p. 36
- A Radical Proposal: Free Enterprise, pp. 37-38
Entrepreneurship is the heart of free enterprise. Why not have a tax system that encour...
- The Hero of a Year Ago, pp. 39-46
An informal and unfamiliar view of the McGovern campaign.
- Meanwhile the Realities: "I Don't Walk Around With Jobs in My Pocket", pp. 47-59
For a large number of Americans, getting a job is miserably difficult. A day in the lif...
- The Political Puzzle, p. 60
[+] Political Book Notes (19 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
America and the World Political Economy, by David P. Calleo and Benjamin M. Rowland
- America and the World Political Economy by David P. Calleo and Benjamin M. Rowland
- The American Disease by David F. Musto
- The B.S. Factor by Arthur Herzog
- Changing Women in a Changing Society by Joan Huber
- The Chinese Difference by Joseph Kraft
- Good Times by Peter Joseph
- Home From the War by Robert Jay Lifton
- I.Q. in the Meritocracy by Richard J. Herrnstein
- Indispensable Enemies by Walter Karp
- One Hundred Countries, Two Billion People by Robert S. McNamara
- The Open Prison by Sol Chaneles
- The Politics of Lying by David Wise
- Public Administration as Political Process by John Rehfuss
- A Public Citizen's Action Manual by Donald K. Ross
- SDS by Kirkpatrick Sale
- The Second Crash by Charles D. Ellis
- Strategy for a Living Revolution by George Lakey
- Structural Reform of the Federal Budget Process by William A. Niskanen
- Your Right to Know by Charles W. Whalen