The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1972 Issue - 10 Articles
- Letters, pp. 5-6
- You Can't Buy Safety at the Company Store, pp. 7-18
Many countries have much better mine safety records than ours. What they do that we don...
- Memo of the Month, p. 19
- Picking Up the Tab, pp. 20-29
The government's ban knocked the bottom out of the cyclamate business. But the people w...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 30-31
- The Shriver Prescription: How the Government Can Find Out What It's Doing, pp. 32-40
Presidents don't know what their generals are doing. Generals don't know what their lie...
- The Political Puzzle, pp. 41-42
- Boise Cascade: The One That Didn't Get Away, pp. 43-54
Big companies have edged tin-shack hustlers out of the land-speculation business. Usual...
- Class Action: A Way to Beat the Bureaucracies Without Increasing Them, pp. 55-62
Class-action laws will spread the cost of legal action and let groups of gypees defend ...
[+] Political Book Notes (7 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
The American Heroin Empire, by Richard Kunnes
- The American Heroin Empire by Richard Kunnes
- The Best and the Brightest by David Halberstam
- The Cashless Society by Robert A. Hendrickson
- For the President, Personal and Secret by Orville H. Bullitt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and William C. Bullitt, ...
- Mr. Republican by James T. Patterson
- Trial by Fury by Aaron E. Klein
- Utopia or Oblivion by R. Buckminster Fuller