The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
March 1972 Issue - 13 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-8
The Screwing of the Average Man
- Government Subsidies: Who Gets the $63 Billion?, pp. 9-27
How the average man protects the few federal pennies in his left pocket, while the rich...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 28
- The Cities Turn a Corner, pp. 29-30
Three new trends point to a breathing spell for city budgets.
Special Book Section
- Political Book Award, p. 31
- The Red Badge of Literature, pp. 32-34
Novels of war have disappeared along with the illusions, but Ronald Glasser has discov...
- The Imaginary Insider, pp. 35-39
Julian K. Prescott has demonstrated that in an age of deception, imagination is more pe...
- Memo of the Month, p. 40
- What Do People Do All Day, pp. 41-50
Short on sermons and long on fascinating detail, Ken Lasson's The Workers provides the ...
- An Unlikely Oracle, pp. 51-53
B. H. Liddell Hart, the great military writer, had some surprising things to say about ...
- Political Puzzle, p. 54
[+] From Crusade to Collusion: A Story of Union Decay (Review) , pp. 55-60
Fifty years to discover the horror, and fifty more to think. Why there's still Death an...
- Death and the Mines by Brit Hume
[+] Political Book Notes (19 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
Almost to the Presidency, by Albert Eisele
- Almost to the Presidency by Albert Eisele
- The Bear at the Gate by Harold C. Hinton
- A Certain Democrat: Senator Henry M. Jackson by William W. Prochnau and Richard W. Larsen
- Citizen Nader by Charles McCarry
- Cover-Up by Seymour M. Hersh
- Dead End by Ronald A. Buel
- Elections for Sale by Richard Dean "Max" McCarthy
- The Ethical Investor by John G. Simon, Charles W. Powers, and Jon P. Gunnemann, ...
- An Evening With Richard Nixon by Gore Vidal
- Get These Men Out of the Hot Sun by Herbert Mitgang
- Imperial Republic by Gerald W. Johnson
- The Kennedy Doctrine by Louise FitzSimons
- McGovern by Robert Sam Anson
- The Multinationals by Christopher Tugendhat
- Muskie of Maine by David Nevin
- A Populist Manifesto by Jack Newfield and Jeff Greenfield
- So Help me God by Robert S. Alley
- The Ticket-Splitters by Walter DeVries and V. Lance Tarrance
- Ward Number Six by David Lebedoff