The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
June 1972 Issue - 10 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- What's Wrong With Mcgovern, pp. 6-17
McGovern unvisored. The flaws in our favorite candidate.
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 18-19
- The Political Puzzle, p. 20
- The Environmental RightsYou Don't Have (and Aren'tLikely to Get), pp. 21-29
What's been happening to a promising environmental bill that would take citizen partici...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 30-32
The Culture of Bureaucracy
- The American Connection, pp. 33-44
The French connection is where one crook sells to another. The American connection is w...
- The Empty Seat War Or The Folly of Airline Competition, pp. 45-52
The competition that keeps prices high.
Views of the Press
- The Bigotry of Liberal Magazines, pp. 53-60
Liberal magazines proclaim that all companies should end discrimination by hiring minor...
[+] Political Book Notes (11 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
Citizen Power, by Mike Gravel
- Citizen Power by Mike Gravel
- Counsel for the Deceived by Philip G. Schrag
- Dark Horse by Fletcher Knebel
- In Critical Condition by Edward Moore Kennedy
- The Investigation of Ralph Nader by Thomas Whiteside
- A New Isolationism by Robert W. Tucker
- O Congress by Donald Riegle and Trevor Armbrister
- A Political Education by Harry McPherson
- The Presidential Character by James David Barber
- A Sense of the Senate by Seymour K. Freidin
- Walter Reuther by Jean Gould and Lorena Hickok