The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
July 1972 Issue - 7 Articles
- Following the Rules With Dita and Dick, pp. 5-26
The accused politician who adheres to the right ritual of wiggle is guaranteed a verdic...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 27-28
- Why the Rich Shouldn't Worry About Tax Reform, pp. 29-36
All proposals for tax reform must survive the House Ways and Means and the Senate Finan...
- How the Dirty Thirty Cleaned Up Texas, pp. 37-52
During the recent session, the Texas legislators found time to pass resolutions honorin...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 53-55
[+] The Perfect Little Setup (Review) , pp. 56-62
There are reasons for incorporating the aged back into daily life, other than good will...
- The Coming of Age by Simone de Beauvoir
[+] Political Book Notes (16 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
American-East Asian Relations, by Ernest R. May and James C. Thomson, Jr.
- American-East Asian Relations by Ernest R. May and James C. Thomson, Jr.
- Army in Anguish by Haynes Johnson and George C. Wilson
- Attica Diary by William R. Coons
- Drugs and the Public by Norman E. Zinberg and John A. Robertson
- Eleanor: The Years Alone by Joseph P. Lash
- The Flower of the Dragon by Richard Boyle
- The Nixon Theology by Charles P. Henderson
- Papers On the War by Daniel Ellsberg
- The Peter Prescription by Laurence J. Peter
- The Reform of Power by Leonard Beaton
- The Running of Richard Nixon by Leonard Lurie
- Sappho Was a Right-On Woman by Sidney Abbott and Barbara Love
- The Shame of the Prisons by Ben H. Bagdikian and Leon Dash
- Strike! by Jeremy Brecher
- Toothing Stones by Robert E. Meagher
- Winning Elections by Dick Simpson