The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1972 Issue - 12 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-7
Revenue Sharing With the Rich and the Crooked
- Introduction, pp. 8-12
- West Virginia:The Governor Tooketh, pp. 13-23
In the words of an IRS agent, "I've seen all this before, but never all in one place."
- Political Puzzle, p. 24
- Maryland:The Governor Raiseth, pp. 25-35
Sargent Shriver didn't run for governor because Marvin Mandel had raised all the money...
- Memo of the Month, p. 36
- New Jersey: The People Close Their Eyes, pp. 37-38
There may be more corrupt politicians in New Jersey than voters who see what's going on.
- Working Up to Killing, pp. 39-46
An Italian journalist tells how Viet Cong and American soldiers justify pulling the tri...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 47
- Rehnquist, Powell, and the Cult of the Pro, pp. 48-56
How the Senate and the press were at least half wrong
[+] An Irresistible General, an Immovable Justice (Review) , pp. 57-62
The man who co-authored The Pursuit of Justice with Robert Kennedy reviews Victor Navas...
- Kennedy Justice by Victor S. Navasky
[+] Political Book Notes (11 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
Ideology in America, by Everett Carll Ladd, Jr.
- Ideology in America by Everett Carll Ladd, Jr.
- The Megastates of America by Neal R. Peirce
- The New Left Today by Phillip Abbott Luce
- Nine Lies about America by Arnold Beichman
- Political Brokers by Judith G. Smith
- Politics in the Post Welfare State by M. Donald Hancock and Gideon Sjoberg
- The Politics of Belleville by Daniel Judah Elazar
- Politics, Poker and Piety by Wallace E. Fisher
- The Science of War and Peace by Robin Clarke
- Truth and Untruth by Paul N. McCloskey, Jr.
- The United States Vs. William Laite by William E. Laite