The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
October 1971 Issue - 9 Articles
- Letters, pp. 5-7
- Is Camelot Dead? A New Look at John Kennedy, pp. 8-19
The man behind the waning reputation.
- The Political Puzzle, p. 20
- Israel: Yesterday's Hero, pp. 21-32
What does a Zionist do after Zion is established? The generation after the founders, h...
- The Screwing of the Average Man, pp. 33-39
Every day in every way you get taken.
- Not When They Did Him Like That, pp. 40-48
Urban problems in the flesh.
- Memo of the Month, p. 49
- The Odd Couple: Ellsberg and Otepka, pp. 50-60
Conscience made both break security Ellsberg and Otepka rules, one to applause from th...
[+] Political Book Notes (19 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
Choice and the Politics of Allocation, by David Ernest Apter
- Choice and the Politics of Allocation by David Ernest Apter
- Essays in International Economics by J. Marcus Fleming
- For Peace and Justice by Charles Chatfield
- The Game of the Foxes by Ladislas Farago
- The Great American Bomb Machine by Roger Rapoport
- The Injury Industry and the Remedy of No-Fault Insurance by Jeffrey O'Connell
- Kennedy Justice by Victor S. Navasky
- Managing Large Systems by Leonard R. Sayles
- H.L. Mencken by Douglas C. Stenerson
- The Police and the Public by Albert J. Reiss, Jr.
- Problems of Knowledge and Freedom by Noam Chomsky
- The Presidency by Dale Vinyard
- Red Man's Land/White Man's Law by Wilcomb E. Washburn
- Religion and the Rise of the American City by Carroll Smith-Rosenberg
- The Rights We Have by Osmond K. Fraenkel
- Think Tanks by Paul Dickson
- The UN and the Palestinian Refugees by Edward H. Buehrig
- Wage Restraint by Lloyd Ulman and Robert J. Flanagan
- Word Politics: Verbal Strategy Among the Superpowers by Thomas M. Franck and Edward Weisband