The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1971 Issue - 9 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- Tragedy in Bengal: The Role of U. S. Foreign Policy, pp. 6-18
The United States is abetting genocide in Pakistan. A journey to the refugee camps we h...
- Party Alignment: The Biggest Shift in 40 Years, pp. 19-21
Political parties undergo major transformations every 40 years. What's in store for '72.
- The Roosevelts: Their Personal War on Poverty, pp. 22-37
The Roosevelts build an experimental town in Appalachia. An engaging tale showing how c...
- Political Puzzle, p. 38
The Screwing of The Average Man
- The Wall Street Treatment, pp. 39-46
Small investors return to the market like lemmings. How they get soaked.
- Memo of the Month, p. 47
- The Unnatural Gas Case, pp. 48-61
How one pipeline has run around the Supreme Court for 14 years. With new friends like W...
[+] Political Book Notes (21 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
Alienation and Economics, by Walter A. Weisskopf
- Alienation and Economics by Walter A. Weisskopf
- The American Left by Loren Baritz
- Blacks in America by James McPherson
- Blacks in the City by Guichard Parris and Leslie Brooks
- Dams and Other Disasters by Arthur Ernest Morgan
- Face and Shadow by Judah Stampfer
- The Failure of Independent Liberalism, 1930-1941 by R. Alan Lawson
- Financing Presidential Campaigns by Delmer D. Dunn
- The Future of Work and Leisure by Stanley Robert Parker
- Henry Ford and Grass-Roots America by Reynold M. Wik
- If They Come in the Morning... by Angela Y. Davis and Ruchell Magee
- Manpower for Development by Eli Ginzberg
- A Name for Ourselves by Paul Potter
- Pan-Africanism or Communism? by George Padmore
- The Political Consequences of Electoral Laws by Douglas W. Rae
- The Politics of Riot Commissions, 1917-1970 by Anthony M. Platt
- Retirement in American Society by Gordon Franklin Streib
- Riding the Storm, 1956-1959 by Harold MacMillan
- Selling Death by Thomas Whiteside
- A Special Interest by Leonard Greenbaum
- Water Wasteland by David Zwick and Marcy Benstock