The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
August 1971 Issue - 10 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-5
- Cooing Down the War: The Senate's Lame Doves, pp. 6-20
How committed are the knights of peace? Surprises behind the trick mirror.
- Testimony from the War's Trigger End, p. 21
The recoil from the Galley trial, through veterans' eyes. Implications of killing as a ...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 21-35
- H. R. Gross: The Conscience of Uncle Sucker, pp. 36-44
The congressman from Waterloo, Iowa, plays cribbage and fights government's slouch towa...
- Political Puzzle, p. 45
- Striking Out on Your Own, pp. 46-53
For those who dream of breaking away to write the great American novel or to start a li...
- The International Screw Thread Commission, pp. 54-56
Like Tennyson's brook, the screw thread people run on forever. From the genius of Warre...
[+] Book Review (2 Reviews) , pp. 57-63
Each book predicts doom if we heed the other.
- Man and Atom by Glenn T. Seaborg and William R. Corliss
- Poisoned Power by John W. Gofman and Arthur R. Tamplin
[+] Political Book Notes (2 Reviews) , pp. 64-66
Reapportionment in the 1970s, by Nelson Polsby
- Reapportionment in the 1970s by Nelson Polsby
- With Justice for Some by Bruce Wasserstein and Mark J. Green