The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
August 1970 Issue - 8 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-6
- The Political Puzzle, p. 7
- Red, White, Blue, and Gold: The Oil Import Quotas, pp. 8-18
A case history in economic addiction: how oil got hooked on government welfare, notably...
- Freedom on a String, pp. 19-23
Since 1736, if not earlier, governments have been putting down the humble kite.
- The Politics of Peace, pp. 24-47
In his first published analysis of the peace movement, the organizer of Students-for- M...
- Claude Pepper's Crime Stoppers, pp. 48-53
Slam! Bang! Zap! The House Select Committee on Crime proves it is possible, even with a...
- Memo of the Month, p. 54
- The Culture of Bureaucracy: Washington's Other Crime Problem, pp. 55-66
Government persistently breaks the law because it's easier that way and no one who matt...