Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
November 1999 Issue - 29 Articles
- External Cost, p. 4
- Striving for Parity , pp. 5-7
- Letters, pp. 8-13
- Field of Nightmares, p. 14
- Blood Drive , p. 14
- Balance Sheet , p. 14
- Student Bodies , p. 14
- Dumb Growth , p. 15
- OK to Drive? , p. 16
- Parallax Views , p. 17
- Police Math , p. 17
- Writer Registration , p. 18
- Fast Burn , p. 19
- Making It , p. 19
- Brickbats , pp. 20-21
- Manly Pursuits, pp. 22-23
In which Our Man in Washington Considers the Challenges Facing Plumbers, Wrestlers, and...
- Adoption Pains, pp. 24-31
Why Does the System Make it so Hard to Give an Orphan a Home?
- After Socialism, pp. 32-37
Now the Greatest Threats to Freedom Come from Those Seeking Stability and the 'One Best...
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are?, pp. 38-41
Youth Curfews are a Bad Idea Whose Time Has Come.
- Falling for the Gap, pp. 42-44
Whatever Happened to the 'Digital Divide'?
- Taking It to the Streets, pp. 45-47
Why Treating Guns like Cars Might not be such a Bad Idea.
- Binge and Purge, pp. 48-51
Scolding Students Won't Make them Safer.
- Fee Fighters, pp. 52-53
Should Students be Forced to Subsidize Campus Activism?
- Dial 'O' for Outrage: The Sequel, pp. 54-57
Tales from an Overlawyered America
[+] Orders of the Day (Review) , pp. 58-59
The Great Disruption, by Francis Fukuyama
- The Great Disruption by Francis Fukuyama
[+] Charge It! (Review) , pp. 60-61
Financing the American Dream, by Lendol Calder
- Financing the American Dream by Lendol Calder
[+] Going Global (Review) , pp. 62-65
The Ground Beneath Her Feet, by Salman Rushdie
- The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie
- Censory Deception, p. 66
Conservatives' Foolish Case for Regulating Speech
- Cover photo, illustration