Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
February 1999 Issue - 32 Articles
- Rumor Mongers, p. 4
- Strange Daze , pp. 5-7
- Letters, pp. 8-11
- Red Zone, p. 12
- Balance Sheet , p. 12
- Old-Time Celebration , p. 12
- Bone Sell , p. 13
- Data on Demand , p. 13
- Strip Steak , p. 14
- A Perfect Shot , p. 15
- All Wet , p. 15
- Contract Killer , p. 16
- Too Kool? , p. 17
- Population Bomb , p. 17
- Courtroom Shootout , p. 17
- Brickbats , p. 18
- Desperate Measures , p. 18
- Wild Idea , p. 19
- Michael and Me, pp. 20-23
In Which Our Man in Washington Celebrates Diverse Foods, Enjoys Philip Morris' Largess,...
- Martian Chronicle, pp. 24-33
Mars May Well be the Next Great Frontier. But What Kind of World Should We Make There?
- Dilbert's Doctrines, pp. 34-41
Cartoonist Scott Adams on Cubicles, Capitalism, and the angst of the Knowledge Worker.
- Fast-Track Impasse, pp. 42-49
U.S. Trade Policy is Dead in the Water. Here's how to get it Moving Again.
- Tongue of Newt, pp. 50-51
The Political Power of Language
- The 48-Hour Fix, pp. 52-54
A New Law Keeps Moms and Newborns in the Hospital Longer--But They Still May be Getting...
- Rank and Bile, pp. 55-57
How the Teamsters Try to Silence Dissenters.
- Standard Accommodations, pp. 58-60
The Road to Universal Disability
[+] Unexplored Tributaries (Review) , pp. 61-66
The Shape of the River, by William G. Bowen and Derek Bok
- The Shape of the River by William G. Bowen and Derek Bok
[+] Behind the Green Door (Review) , pp. 67-68
The Promise and Peril of Environmental Justice, by Christopher Foreman
- The Promise and Peril of Environmental Justice by Christopher Foreman
[+] Bad Will Toward Men (Review) , pp. 69-70
Heterophobia, by Daphne Patai
- Heterophobia by Daphne Patai
[+] Tasty Economics (Review) , pp. 71-73
Eat the Rich, by P.J. O'Rourke
- Eat the Rich by P.J. O'Rourke
- HMO Phobia, pp. 74-75
Quack Remedies for the Health Care 'Crisis'
- Cover illustration