Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
October 1998 Issue - 27 Articles
- The Claims of Nature, pp. 4-9
The 'Can Gays Change' Debate is Muddling the Main Issues.
- Letters, pp. 10-13
- High Stakes, p. 14
- Nicotine Buzz , p. 14
- Balance Sheet , p. 14
- Dead Air , p. 15
- I'll Take That , p. 16
- Netbrow , p. 17
- Can't Bear It , p. 17
- Pediatric Politics , pp. 17-19
- Brickbats , p. 20
- Dirty Dancing , p. 20
- Does America Hate Its HMOs? , p. 21
- Painful Reminder , pp. 21-22
- Capital Letters, pp. 23-25
Covering the Spreads
- Green Redlining, pp. 26-33
How Rules Against 'Environmental Racism' Hurt Poor Minorities Most of All
- The Politics of Permanent Immigration, pp. 34-41
How PRO-Immigration Forces Triumphed--And Why They're Likely to Keep Doing so.
- Stars In Her Eyes, pp. 42-51
Astronomer Sallie Baliunas on Sunspots, Global Warming, and the Benefits of Privately F...
- Pervasive Problem, pp. 52-57
The 1978 Supreme Court Decision Allowing Censorship of Dirty Words on Radio Threatens F...
- Numbers Game, pp. 58-60
North Carolina Educrats May Shut Down the Successful Healthy Start Charter School Becau...
- Neither Nationalist nor Socialist, pp. 61-62
How the Swiss Kept Their Freedom in World War II
[+] Cultivating Culture (Review) , pp. 63-65
In Praise of Commercial Culture, by Tyler Cowen
- In Praise of Commercial Culture by Tyler Cowen
[+] Revolutionary History (2 Reviews) , pp. 66-68
The Freshmen, by Linda Killian
- The Freshmen by Linda Killian
- Lessons Learned the Hard Way by Newt Gingrich
[+] Nowhere to Hide (Review) , pp. 69-71
The Transparent Society, by David Brin
- The Transparent Society by David Brin
[+] Aging Bulls (Review) , pp. 72-73
Easy Riders, Raging Bulls, by Peter Biskind
- Easy Riders, Raging Bulls by Peter Biskind
- Let's Regulate Cable Now!, pp. 74-76
Oops. Didn't we Already do that?
- Cover illustration