Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
July 1979 Issue - 14 Articles
- Editor's Notes, pp. 4-7
- Letters, pp. 8-9
- Brickbats, pp. 10-17
The Hollywood Trial of Marvin
- Pleading Jim Jones' Case, pp. 18-23
Before the Jonestown Massacre, Politicians and Reporters Covered up Jones' Brutality; A...
- Man Vs State, pp. 24-28
A Fatal Showdown with Compulsory Schooling
- Who Will Speak for Capitalism?, pp. 29-31
It's Time for Business Leaders to Stop Compromising and Rise to the Defense of the Free...
- The Neglected Problem of Unattachment, pp. 32-33
- Anticommunist? Yes. Cold Warrior? No., pp. 34-40
Look again at the Foreign Policy of Robert A. Taft, and you'll Find a Deep Respect for ...
- Viewpoint, p. 41
Eateries: Whom Do You Trust?
- Taxes, p. 42
[+] Norma Rae; Won't You Come Home, Red Ryder; The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith (2 Reviews) , p. 43
- Norma Rae (1979 Film) by Martin Ritt
- The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith (1978 Film) by Fred Schepisi
[+] Review Make-Believe Presidents, by Nicholas von Hoffman (Review) , p. 44
- Make-Believe Presidents by Nicholas von Hoffman
[+] Review In Defense of the Corporation, by Robert Hessen (Review) , p. 45
- In Defense of the Corporation by Robert Hessen
[+] Review Overload, by Arthur Hailey (Review) , pp. 46-52
- Overload by Arthur Hailey