Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
September 1978 Issue - 15 Articles
- Editor's Notes, pp. 4-6
- Letters, pp. 7-9
- Brickbats, pp. 10-13
The Spirit of the Age
- The New Philosophers Rock France, pp. 14-17
- The Mailed Fist Vs The Invisible Hand, pp. 18-24
Three of early socialism's five key thinkers opposed the use of State power.
- The First Amendment Under Siege, pp. 25-27
From Left, Right, and Center, Freedom of Speech has a Host of New Attackers.
- How Federal Railroad Policy Got Derailed, pp. 28-32
In Conrail and the 4R Act, Congress has Created Rolling Disasters.
- How the Feds Screw Small Business, pp. 33-36
Regulations that are merely an inconvenience to a large corporation may be a matter of ...
- Every Kid an Entrepreneur, pp. 37-38
The only way today's youths are going to learn about the free market is to participate.
- Viewpoint, p. 39
The Tax Revolt
- Taxes, p. 40
- Spotlight, pp. 41-42
Entrepreneur of Justice
[+] The Buddy Holly Story; Return from Witch Mountain; F.I.S.T. (3 Reviews) , p. 43
- The Buddy Holly Story (1978 Film) by Steve Rash
- Return From Witch Mountain (1978 Film) by John Hough
- F.I.S.T. (1978 Film) by Norman Jewison
[+] 2 Reviews A Theory of Racial Harmony, by Alvin Rabushka (2 Reviews) , p. 44
- A Theory of Racial Harmony by Alvin Rabushka
- Discrimination in Reverse by Barry R. Gross
[+] Review Ayn Rand and Alienation, by Sid Greenberg (Review) , pp. 45-52
- Ayn Rand and Alienation by Sid Greenberg