Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
August 1978 Issue - 16 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- Editorial, pp. 6-10
California Tea Party
- Brickbats, pp. 11-15
That Explains a Lot:
- The New Jim Crow Laws, pp. 16-23
They sound egalitarian and humane, but these racially 'neutral' laws have created an Am...
- Debunking, pp. 24-25
Civilizations don't die by exhausting their resources. They die by consuming the instit...
- Spiritual Horror, pp. 26-32
The World's ho-hum response to the Cambodian bloodbath reveals the horrifying subservie...
- Confessions of a Washington Reject, pp. 33-36
A behind-the-scenes look at the bizarre world of Congressional staffs.
- A Fairly Modest Proposal, pp. 37-39
How to get all the benefits of Congress -- at just a fraction of the cost.
- Viewpoint, p. 40
On Libertarian 'Optimism'
- Money, p. 41
The Market and Freedom
- Spotlight, p. 42
- Tuition Tax Credit Pressure Still Needed, p. 43
[+] 2 Reviews Antitrust Law: An Economic Perspective, by Ric... (2 Reviews) , p. 44
- Antitrust Law: An Economic Perspective by Richard A. Posner
- The Antitrust Penalties by Kenneth G. Elzinga and William Breit
[+] Review Ezra Pound: The Last Rower, by C. David Heymann (Review) , p. 45
- Ezra Pound: The Last Rower by C. David Heymann
[+] Review Whatever Became of Free Enterprise?, by Ronald... (Review) , p. 46
- Whatever Became of Free Enterprise? by Ronald L. Soble
[+] Movies (3 Reviews) , pp. 47-52
The Boys in Company C; Big Wednesday; Capricorn One
- The Boys in Company C (1978 Film) by Sidney J. Furie
- Big Wednesday (1978 Film) by John Milius
- Capricorn One by Ron Goulart and Peter Hyams