The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
September 11, 1995 Issue - 22 Articles
- Comment: Dissed, pp. 5-7
In New York's schools, respect is just a word
- In the Mail, pp. 8-9
- Goings On About Town, pp. 10-30
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 31-35
Out of Bosnia, into Queens; over eighties at the Open; AIDS are the Senate isn't expect...
- The Political Scene: The Boss, pp. 36-43
Why does Bob Dole want Alfonse D'Amato on his side, and will he get more than he bargai...
- Popular Chronicles: Her Town, pp. 44-47
Only one woman knows Millerton's real story
- "Mirage Oases", pp. 48-53
- A Reporter at Large: Life After Vince, pp. 54-63
Lisa Foster has never wanted to speak publicly about the suicide of her husband, Vincen...
- Showcase: Unseen Stieglitz, pp. 64-66
- "A Green Crab's Shell", p. 67
- Letter from Italy: The Fall of Caesar, pp. 68-73
What did Giulio Androtti do for the Mafia, and what does his impending trial say about ...
- Onward and Upward With the Arts, pp. 74-77
Philip Johnson's Monsta
- "A Film", pp. 78-83
- Fiction: "A Cottage Near Twin Falls", pp. 84-86
[+] Books: No Easy Way Out (Review) , pp. 87-90
Virtually Normal, by Andrew Sullivan
- Virtually Normal by Andrew Sullivan
[+] Revolutions Per Minute (Review) , pp. 91-92
High Fidelity, by Nick Hornby
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 93
Friends in High Places, by Douglas Frantz and David McKean
- Friends in High Places by Douglas Frantz and David McKean
- Opposite Attraction by Julie Gilbert
- The Secret Six by Edward J. Renehan, Jr.
- Under the Big Top by Bruce Feiler
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 94-96
- Desperado (1995 Film) by Robert Rodriguez
- To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995 Film) by Beeban Kidron
- The Theatre, p. 97
Nicky Silver's "The Food Chain"
- Musical Events, pp. 98-99
The Santa Fe Opera's "Modern Painters"
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 100-102
Calling On Colin
- Cover: News R Us