The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
May 15, 1995 Issue - 21 Articles
- Comment: Without a Trace, pp. 7-11
An East Texas tragedy's aftermath has particular resonance
- In the Mail, pp. 12-13
- Goings On About Town, pp. 14-32
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 33-37
Washington table talk; New York wish fulfillment; a doctor's return from Oklahoma; Fran...
- Annals of Accountability: Children of Waco, pp. 38-45
The Oklahoma bombing was reopened questions on the Waco disaster, and on Janet Reno's e...
- Astronomical Notebook: Minds and Matter, pp. 46-47
Cosmologists convene to talk about holes, strings, and bangs---and the other great myst...
- "Ceasefire", pp. 48-51
- A Reporter at Large: Master of Illusion, pp. 52-69
When Maurice Saatchi was ousted from the advertising conglomerate he had made into the ...
- Letter from the Andes: The New Politics of Coca, pp. 70-73
South America's Indians are fighting a new drug war with Washington---and it's over the...
- "To My Son", pp. 74-79
- Sketchbook: Moonglow, pp. 80-81
- Fiction: "His Women", pp. 82-86
[+] Pomp and Circumstances (Review) , pp. 87-89
Walter Pater: Lover of Strange Souls, by Denis Donoghue
- Walter Pater: Lover of Strange Souls by Denis Donoghue
[+] Twentieth-Century Demeter (Review) , pp. 90-92
Mother Love, by Rita Dove
- Mother Love by Rita Dove
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 93
Imperfect Thirst, by Galway Kinnell
- Imperfect Thirst by Galway Kinnell
- The Ghost Trio by Linda Bierds
- Dared and Done by Julia Markus
- The Double Flame by Octavio Paz
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 94-95
- Crimson Tide (1995 Film) by Tony Scott
- The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain (1995 Film) by Christopher Monger
- "Still-Life in Garden", p. 96
- "Hamlet", pp. 97-99
- "Indiscretions," "The Rose Tattoo" , pp. 100-101
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 102-104
What's the Good Word?
- Cover: Mother's Day