The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
March 6, 1995 Issue - 19 Articles
- Comment: Rats
James S. Kunen, pp. 7-9
An unappetizing tidbit from the Contract with America
- In the Mail, pp. 10-11
- Goings On About Town, pp. 12-34
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 35-39
Confessions of a Republican defector; from Wales to Broadway; the politics of Nutella; ...
- Letter from Washington: A Sense of Where He's Going
Michael Kelly, pp. 40-52
Bill Bradley seems ambivalent about challenging Bill Clinton in 1996, but the Senator i...
- Annals of Communications: The Race for a Global Network
Ken Auletta, pp. 53-83
Following a truce with Fox and Howard Stringer's defection from CBS, G.E.'s Jack Welch ...
- Annals of Domestic Life: The Nanny Track
Susan Cheever, pp. 84-86
New York's working mothers agonize over their nannies---and their nannies are just as c...
- "St. Mark's"
Gerald Stern, pp. 87-89
- Postscript: J. William Fulbright
Richard Avedon and Sidney Blumenthal, pp. 90-92
- "On the Block"
James Merrill, pp. 93-95
- The Literary Life: A Very English Story
Jonathan Wilson, pp. 96-107
Why did Martin Amis become the outcast of London's literary establishment? He may just ...
- Fiction: "What Brings You to Our Fair Land?"
Martin Amis, pp. 108-118
An excerpt from the author's new novel
[+] The Reader in Exile (2 Reviews)
Jonathan Franzen, pp. 119-123
Being Digital, by Nicholas Negroponte
- Being Digital by Nicholas Negroponte
- The Gutenberg Elegies by Sven Birkerts
[+] Wild Ride (Review)
Tom Shone, pp. 124-125
The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith, by Peter Carey
- The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith by Peter Carey
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 126
Charlotte Bronte: A Passionate Life, by Lyndall Gordon
- Charlotte Bronte: A Passionate Life by Lyndall Gordon
- Facing Facts by David E. Shi
- Borderliners by Peter Hoeg
- Original Sin by P.D. James
[+] The Current Cinema (Review)
Terrence Rafferty, pp. 127-129
Artist of Death
- The Wild Bunch (1969 Film) by Sam Peckinpah
- The Theatre
John Lahr, pp. 130-131
"The Old Lady's Guide to Survival"
- Shouts & Murmurs
Wendy Wasserstein, pp. 132-134
- Cover: Under Bridges