The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
June 19, 1995 Issue - 19 Articles
- Comment: The Wrong Box, pp. 6-7
Public-school students need technology, but not TV
- In the Mail, pp. 8-9
- Goings On About Town, pp. 10-28
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 29-33
Patti Smith on Robert Mapplethorpe; from the ghetto to the kibbutz; surprising Costa-Ga...
- Downtown Chronicles: Sudden Def, pp. 34-42
While Republicans are making a campaign issue, poets and rappers together have made con...
- In the Garden: Plant Parenthood, pp. 43-46
The pure joy of receiving spring arrivals from the nursery
- Annals of the Cold War: The General and World War III, pp. 47-56
Curtis LeMay believed that a nuclear strike against Russia was imperative, and in the C...
- "The Flowers of the Forest", pp. 57-59
- A Reporter at Large: The Road to Paranoia, pp. 60-69
Why do millions of Americans suddenly thing that the government is the enemy?
- Showcase: Isaac Stern, pp. 70-75
- Profile: Artist Unknown, pp. 76-77
Albert York proves that a great artist can thrive out of the spotlight---some fans don'...
- "Zirbelstrasse", pp. 78-83
- Fiction: "Anaconda", pp. 84-90
[+] Dear Darling Cosmos (Review) , pp. 91-93
The Architecture of the Jumping Universe: A Polemic, by Charles Jencks
- The Architecture of the Jumping Universe: A Polemic by Charles Jencks
[+] Scots Adrift (Review) , pp. 94-95
Debatable Land, by Candia McWilliam
- Debatable Land by Candia McWilliam
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 96
Reef, by Romesh Gunesekera
- Reef by Romesh Gunesekera
- Zola: A Life by Frederick Brown
- Tara Revisited by Catherine Clinton
- Memoir of the Bookie's Son by Sidney Offit
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 97-99
- The Bridges of Madison County (1995 Film) by Clint Eastwood
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 100-102
- Cover: Father's Day