The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
October 17, 1994 Issue - 18 Articles
- Comment: Haiti So Far, pp. 7-9
The intervention is going about as well as could be imagined
- In the Mail, pp. 10-13
- Goings On About Town, pp. 14-44
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 45-49
Devilish Don Tyson, duelling teachers in the city, Katherine Dunham's foreign policy, f...
- Letter from Vatican City: The Pope in Crisis, pp. 50-53
John Paul II cannot hide his physical decline, but he refuses to relinquish his vision ...
- "On Fulford Burn", pp. 54-64
- The Sporting Scene: Hardball, pp. 65-77
Baseball's owners, who think that they won this season, may be surprised next year by t...
- A Reporter at Large: The Ransom of Russian Art, pp. 78-81
An obscure American economics professor's determination to save the dissident Russian a...
- "Dust and Memory", pp. 82-91
- Artist at Large: Ten Hours in Rwanda, pp. 92-94
- "So Red", pp. 95-106
- The Theatre, pp. 107-110
Brian Friel's "Molly Sweeney"
- "Show Boat" on Broadway, pp. 111-112
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 113-115
- Hoop Dreams (1994 Film) by Steve James
[+] Franco's Games (Review) , pp. 116-120
Franco: A Biography, by Paul Preston
- Franco: A Biography by Paul Preston
[+] Briefly Noted (3 Reviews) , p. 121
Reasonable Creatures, by Katha Pollitt
- Reasonable Creatures by Katha Pollitt
- The Primary Colors by Alexander Theroux
- Aspects of Aristocracy by David Cannadine
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 122-124
- Cover: Huddle