The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
October 10, 1994 Issue - 18 Articles
- Comment: Writers' Bloc, pp. 7-9
Press censorship returns to some of the unlikeliest places
- In the Mail, pp. 10-11
- Goings On About Town, pp. 12-40
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 41-45
O.J. 101 at Harvard Law, old films dance again, Gotham's gangbusters, etc.
- Life and Letters: Kosinski's War, pp. 46-53
What did Jerzy Kosinski do during the war? The question is fuelling a new debate over t...
- Letter from California: The Candidate, pp. 54-63
Who is multimillion-dollar candidate Michael Huffington? It's hard to tell, and alienat...
- The World of Television: Rocking in Shangri-La, pp. 64-66
MTV has reinvented America's youth culture---and has found a way to develop it into an ...
- "Harm", pp. 67-75
- "Old Walls", pp. 76-78
- Artist at Large: Haitian History in Haitian Pictures, pp. 79-81
- Fiction: "Bush Pigs", pp. 82-90
- The Sky Line, pp. 91-94
Frank Gehry's American Center in Paris
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 95-97
Degrees of Cool
- Pulp Fiction (1994 Film) by Quentin Tarantino
- The Art World, pp. 98-103
"Origins of Impressionism"
[+] Gotterdammerung-22 (Review) , pp. 104-109
Closing Time, by Joseph Heller
- Closing Time by Joseph Heller
[+] Briefly Noted (5 Reviews) , pp. 110-111
Who Will Run the Frog Hospital?, by Lorrie Moore
- Who Will Run the Frog Hospital? by Lorrie Moore
- The Bird Artist by Howard Norman
- A Journey Through Economic Time by John Kenneth Galbraith
- Black Fire by Nelson Peery
- True North by Jill Ker Conway
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 112-114
- Cover: Canal Street Traffic