The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
May 9, 1994 Issue - 18 Articles
- Comment: Vote of Confidence, pp. 6-9
South Africa's future is uncertain, but its present looks very good
- In the Mail, pp. 10-11
- Goings On About Town, pp. 12-38
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 39-41
Howard Stern, Libertarian; lesbian filmmakers on the prowl, etc.
- Letter from Washington: Crime Pays, pp. 42-45
Congressional Democrats are scoring by stealing back an issue that the Republicans call...
- Letter from Kentucky: Doing the Boptrot, pp. 46-53
Some Old way of politicking in horse country have run into a major F.B.I. sting
- A Reporter at Large: The Ghost of the Glass House, pp. 54-62
Pierre Chareau built his Glass House in Paris to accomodate the modern ideals of a soci...
- "Recovery Room", pp. 63-71
- Postscript: Nixon, Mine Host, pp. 72-73
Determined to win a role as elder states, the fallen President became a dining-room dip...
- "Prologue", pp. 74-79
- Showcase: Vanya's Uncles, pp. 80-81
- Fiction: "Xuela", pp. 82-93
- The Theatre, pp. 94-96
Arthur Miller's "Broken Glass"
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 97-99
- No Escape (1994 Film) by Martin Campbell
- Bad Girls (1994 Film) by Jonathan Kaplan
[+] Books: Autumn of the Patriarch (Review) , pp. 100-106
The Struggle for Russia, by Boris Yeltsin
- The Struggle for Russia by Boris Yeltsin
[+] Books Briefly Noted (3 Reviews) , p. 107
- Walker Evans: The Hungry Eye by Gilles Mora and John T. Hill
- Josef Sudek by Zdenek Kirschner and Josef Sudek
- Jan Groover: Photographs by Jan Groover
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 108-110
Glengarry Glen Plaid
- Cover: Moms