The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
July 18, 1994 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: Gallic Mischief, pp. 4-5
What are France's real motives in Rwanda?
- In the Mail, pp. 6-7
- Goings On About Town, pp. 8-22
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 23-25
Milton Mollen's verdict, Paul Auster's scene, etc.
- Annals of Communications: Back in Play, pp. 26-30
After a year in interactive cable, Barry Diller has some big ideas for the CBS network ...
- Letter from Washington: Christian Soldiers, pp. 31-37
With national Republican leaders like Bob Dole blessing the religious right, how far wi...
- A Reporter at Large: The Body Lies, pp. 38-41
When a woman decides that she is really a man, what does the physical transformation en...
- "History: The Home Movie," 1931, pp. 42-49
- Letter from Moscow: Exit the Saints, pp. 50-53
Once, Russia's writers were the conscience of their country. Now they are finally free ...
- "Husband, Not at Home", pp. 54-58
- "Noon", p. 59
- Artware: Yorkshire Colored, pp. 60-61
- Fiction: "A Nice Bite", pp. 62-67
- The Theatre, pp. 68-71
"Sweet Bird of Youth"
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 72-74
- Wyatt Earp (1994 Film) by Lawrence Kasdan
- The Shadow (1994 Film) by Russell Mulcahy
- Musical Events, pp. 75-77
[+] Books: Dangerous Diagnoses (2 Reviews) , pp. 78-80
Living in the Shadow of Death, by Sheila M. Rothman
- Living in the Shadow of Death by Sheila M. Rothman
- Silent Travelers by Alan M. Kraut
[+] Briefly Noted (5 Reviews) , p. 81
Iced, by A. Ray Shell
- Iced by A. Ray Shell
- The Summer House by Alice Thomas Ellis
- The Kingdom of Matthias by Paul E. Johnson and Sean Wilentz
- Certain Trumpets by Garry Wills
- A Natural History of Love by Diane Ackerman
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 82-84
You, the Jury!
- Cover: World Cup Final