The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
February 21, 1994 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: This Is War, pp. 4-7
It's easier for the West to see Bosnia as a sporadic crisis, but that's a false picture
- In the Mail, pp. 8-11
- Goings On About Town, pp. 12-34
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 35-39
Marla's heels, Farrakhan's followers, the crack of the bat, etc.
- Around City Hall: In the Spirit of LaGuardia, pp. 40-47
If Mayor Giuliani wants to reinvent government, he has to quickly win over those who fe...
- Popular Chronicles: Figures in a Mall, pp. 48-63
Tonya Harding can weather hard times, and to her home-town fans that may be a more valu...
- Annals of Law: Defending the Mafia, pp. 64-75
Gerald Shargel is a brilliant criminal-defense lawyer who finds himself drawn to Mob ca...
- "Sentiment", pp. 76-89
- Artist's Sketchbook: Riva Bella, pp. 90-91
- Fiction: "Grandparenting", pp. 92-98
- Letter from London: Staying Alive, pp. 99-103
Salman Rushdie may not be someone the British government would have chosen for special ...
- "The Dark Music of the Rue du Cherche-Midi", pp. 104-105
- "What the Butler Saw, "Hello Again", pp. 106-107
- "Pounding Nails in the Floor with My Forehead," "Three Birds Alighting on a Field" , pp. 108-109
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 110-111
Take the Money and Run
- The Getaway (1994 Film) by Roger Donaldson
- Musical Events, pp. 112-114
"Sonidos de las Americas"
[+] Stranglehold (Review) , pp. 115-118
The Future Lasts Forever, by Louis Althusser
- The Future Lasts Forever by Louis Althusser
[+] Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , p. 119
Hula, by Lisa Shea
- Hula by Lisa Shea
- The Fermata by Nicholson Baker
- The Temptations of St. Ed and Brother S by Frank Bergon
- Red Azelea by Anchee Min
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 120-122
La Forza del Alpo