The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
September 13, 1993 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: Peace to the Victims, pp. 6-9
The old warriors of Israel and the P.L.O. find their moment
- Goings On About Town, pp. 10-38
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 39-45
A rumor in Sagaponack, Steven Hoffenberg's comeback, etc.
- Around City Hall: The Rematch, pp. 46-51
Dinkins and Giuliani do battle amid tales of corruption, tennis, and Torquemada, and th...
- Letter from Brownsville: Murder on the Border, pp. 52-61
The death of a high-school student revealed unsuspected conflicts in the culture of the...
- "Season", pp. 62-77
- A Reporter at Large: Opium War Redux, pp. 78-79
With the help of the government, the tobacco industry forced its way into four Asian ma...
- "The Quinero Sisters, 1968", pp. 80-82
- Artist's Sketchbook: The Jay Leno Fan Club, pp. 83-89
- Life and Letters: Di an Li, pp. 90-98
As Lionel Trilling's wife, Diana Trilling, now publishing her memoirs, was overshadowed...
- Artist's Notebook: Desks, p. 99
- Fiction: "Bon Voyage, Mr. President", pp. 100-101
- "Jacumba", pp. 102-111
[+] Books: The Roar of the Canon (Review) , pp. 112-119
Gibbsville, PA, by John O'Hara and Matthew J. Bruccoli
- Gibbsville, PA by John O'Hara and Matthew J. Bruccoli
- The Theatre, p. 120
"Black Comedy" & "White Liars"
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 121-123
- The Age of Innocence (1993 Film) by Martin Scorsese
- On Television, pp. 124-126
"And the Band Played On"
[+] Books: Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , p. 127
The Rest of Life, by Mary Gordon
- The Rest of Life by Mary Gordon
- Such Times by Christopher Coe
- Their's Was the Kingdom by John Heidenry
- May It Please the Court by Peter H. Irons and Stephanie Guitton
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 128-130
Dial W-H-Y W-O-R-K
- Cover: The Guns of September