The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
November 1, 1993 Issue - 18 Articles
- Comment: Race Crime and the Mayorality, pp. 6-9
The city's future looks like a choice between two versions of the past
- In the Mail, pp. 10-13
- Goings On About Town, pp. 14-42
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 43-49
James Carville, Luxembourg and Berlin, the wiseguy beat, etc.
- Onward and Upward with the Arts: Recycling Kentucky, pp. 50-70
"The Kentucky Cycle" is about to open on Broadway, but some Kentuckians would rather it...
- Reflections: Days of the Dead, pp. 71-79
In Mexico City, a pathologist recalls his first look at death
- A Reporter at Large: A Case Not Closed, pp. 80-83
The Clinton White House thought it had all the answers it needed to bomb Iraq in retali...
- "Anthion", pp. 84-92
- The Art World: Bacon's Instinct, pp. 93-97
To be Francis Bacon's friend was to understand how personally the late British painter ...
- "Snake", pp. 98-108
- "Annunciation with a Bullet in it", pp. 109-112
- Annals of Comedy, pp. 113-121
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 122-125
- It's All True (1993 Film) by Orson Welles, Bill Krohn, Myron Meisel, and Richard Wilson, ...
- The Theatre, p. 126
"Mixed Emotions," "The Twilight of the Golds"
[+] Books: Honor Among Scavengers (Review) , pp. 127-130
Travels With Lizbeth, by Lars Eighner
- Travels With Lizbeth by Lars Eighner
[+] Briefly Noted (5 Reviews) , p. 131
Remembering Babylon, by David Malouf
- Remembering Babylon by David Malouf
- What Ownership's All About by Karel Polacek
- Leni Riefenstahl: A Memoir by Leni Riefenstahl
- The Fate of Africa: Trial by Fire by Jeremy Harding
- Tracings: A Book of Partial Portraits by Paul Horgan
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 132-134
West Side Story
- Cover: Strange Brew