The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
June 28, 1993 Issue - 22 Articles
- Comment: A Democratic Army, pp. 4-7
The gay-rights campaign is already helping the military win its battles
- Goings On About Town, pp. 8-30
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 31-35
Prehistoric bugs, life with Henry Miller, Nurse Gloria's claim to fame, etc.
- Letter from Washington: Dave, pp. 36-43
The Clinton Administration is hoping David Gergen can patch up its image, but that's no...
- The Diplomatic Round: No Exit, No Entrance, pp. 44-54
The NATO's allies' lack of resolve on the Balkans could be the catalyst for a worse war...
- Annals of Communications: Opening Up the Times, pp. 55-59
Can the exacting editorial hierarchy of the New York Times adapt itself to teamwork? Ar...
- "Stained Glass at Pere-Lachaise", pp. 60-70
- Artist as Large: Siren Song, p. 71
- A Reporter at Large: Duty of Care, pp. 72-73
Billions of used tires are piled up in the United States, but some entrepreneurial recy...
- "The Pleasures of Reading", pp. 74-79
- Curtain Call: Celebrating Hirschfeld, pp. 80-81
- Fiction: "Dance in America", pp. 82-84
- "My Mother with Purse", p. 85
- Musical Events, pp. 86-89
Peter Sellars' "Pelleas et Melisande"
- "Twilight: Lost Angeles 1992", pp. 90-94
- "She Loves Me," "Playland" , p. 95
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 96-98
- Jurassic Park (1993 Film) by Steven Spielberg
- What's Love Got to Do with It? (1993 Film) by Brian Gibson
[+] Books: life Was Elsewhere (Review) , pp. 99-102
Judge on Trial, by Ivan Klima
- Judge on Trial by Ivan Klima
[+] General (3 Reviews) , p. 103
- Dead Man Walking by Helen Prejean
- Pack My Bag: A Self-Portrait by Henry Green
- The Memory of All That by Joan Peyser
[+] Verse The Museum of Clear Ideas, by Donald Hall (2 Reviews) , p. 103
- The Museum of Clear Ideas by Donald Hall
- Dante's Inferno by Daniel Halpern and Dante
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 104-106
- Cover: I Didn't Raise My Boy to Be a Soldier