The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
July 12, 1993 Issue - 23 Articles
- Comment: Empty Suits, pp. 4-7
Just Mollie and me, and the lawyer makes three
- Goings On About Town, pp. 8-24
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 25-28
Dan Quayle immortalized, PEN's new Prez, millenial toilets, etc.
- Letter From Bosnia: Unsafe Zone, pp. 29-38
The Serbs may have the upper hand in the war in Bosnia, but they're still paranoid and ...
- Profile: The Whistle-Blower---Part II, pp. 39-46
When the Knapp Commission concluded its inquiry into corruption in the N.Y.P.D., it mig...
- "The Fish", pp. 47-48
- Storyboard: City Camps, pp. 49-53
- "You Come When I Call You", pp. 54-56
- Artist's Notebook: Sour Notes, pp. 57-58
- Portfolio: Slight Modifications, pp. 59-65
What is to be done with the monuments of the former Soviet Union? Artists from around t...
- Fiction: "Heavy Lifting", pp. 66-67
- "Dry Ground", pp. 68-73
- A Critic at Large: Don Juan in Hull, pp. 74-82
God protect Philip Larkin from his biographers
- Artist at Large: Urban Gardens, p. 83
- Dancing, pp. 84-92
The Spelling of Agon
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 93-94
The Nick of Time
- In the Line of Fire (1993 Film) by Wolfgang Petersen
- The Theatre, p. 95
"A Perfect Ganesh"
- On Television, pp. 96-98
"Def Comedy Jam," "Laurel Avenue"
[+] Books: Shylock - The Sequels (Review) , pp. 99-102
Shylock: A Legend and Its Legacy, by John Gross
- Shylock: A Legend and Its Legacy by John Gross
[+] Fiction (2 Reviews) , p. 103
- Malefice by Leslie Wilson
- Durable Goods by Elizabeth Berg
[+] General The People v. Clarence Darrow, by Geoffrey Cowan (3 Reviews) , p. 103
- The People v. Clarence Darrow by Geoffrey Cowan
- Picasso and Dora: A Personal Memoir by James Lord
- The Music of the Spheres by Jamie James
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 104-106
Please Refrain from Breathing
- Cover: Lenin Hails a Cab