The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
January 20, 2003 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Is Harvard Law School indulging the Saudis?, etc.
- TRB: Wait Time, pp. 6-8
Thabo Mbeki's hypocritical African Renaissance
- Too Rich, p. 9
Against any stimulus bill at all
- Notebook, pp. 10-11
Glenn Hubbard, economist, v. Glenn Hubbard, Bushie, etc.
- On the Hill: Ill Natured, p. 12
can James Inhofe control himself?
- White House Watch: Wealthy Choice, pp. 13-14
The politics behind dividends
- Istanbul Dispatch: Trade Partners, p. 15
AKP drops Iraq for the U.S.
- Off Guard, pp. 16-17
Why Southeast Asia's armies can't stop terrorism
- Easy Shot, pp. 18-19
The gun lobby v. the war on terrorism
- Over a Barrel, pp. 20-23
The White House claims the war in Iraq isn't about oil. That may be true. But the battl...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Meaner Streets (2 Reviews) , p. 24
Gangs of New York (2002 Film), by Martin Scorsese
- Gangs of New York (2002 Film) by Martin Scorsese
- Catch Me If You Can (2002 Film) by Steven Spielberg
- On Theater: Clever Ladies, pp. 25-26
Imaginary Friends and Adult Entertainment hide too little content beneath too much styl...
- Axle of Evil, pp. 27-31
SUVs are overpriced, gas-guzzling, pollution-spewing behemoths. A close investigation o...
- The Line, pp. 32-35
[+] The Present of the Past (Review) , pp. 36-37
The Ethics of Memory, by Avishai Margalit
- The Ethics of Memory by Avishai Margalit
- Cambridge Diarist: Immature, pp. 38-40
- On the Cover: Illustration