The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
September 9, 2002 Issue - 19 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Patrick J. Buchanan says what no one else will, etc.
- TRB: Personal Best, p. 6
We say George W. is different---but he isn't
- The Same and Different, p. 7
Does it matter if we've changed?
- Notebook, p. 8
Anthony Zinni v. his boss, etc.
- Prayer Circle, p. 9
We pledged to find religion---but we haven't
- Drop Zone, pp. 10-11
We vowed to rebuild Afghanistan---but we reneged
- News Break, pp. 12-13
We promised to study the world---but we flunked
- Oil Price, p. 14
We said we'd reform our energy use---but we didn't
- Old Guard, pp. 15-18
We swore we'd protect the homeland---but we aren't
- Less Than Zero, pp. 19-20
Paul Krugman's bad advice for the Fed
- Son Shine, pp. 21-22
Has W. learned from his father's mistakes?
- Small Arms, pp. 23-24
Will Saddam's troops fight?
- Personality Test, pp. 25-29
In his run for the Senate in North Carolina, Erskine Bowles is doing what many observer...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: French Interiors (Review) , p. 30
How I Killed My Father (2001 Film), by Anne Fontaine
- How I Killed My Father (2001 Film) by Anne Fontaine
- On Architecture: More Than Zero, pp. 31-34
How not to rebuild the site of the World Trade Center
[+] Fighting Words (Review) , pp. 35-39
The Language of War, by James Dawes
- The Language of War by James Dawes
- Floods in Cambridge, pp. 40-41
[+] The Arrangements (Review) , pp. 42-45
The Emperor of Ocean Park, by Stephen L. Carter
- The Emperor of Ocean Park by Stephen L. Carter
- Washington Diarist: The Fall, pp. 46-48