The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
October 28, 2002 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Thank goodness the Democrats sidestepped Iraq, etc.
- TRB: Prize Fight, p. 6
Jimmy Carter and the wrong kind of peace
- Knowledge Gap, p. 7
Why the CIA's Iraq "revelation" is nothing new
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
When is a Republican not a Republican?, etc.
- Storm Window, p. 10
Winter isn't the only season for war in Iraq
- New Money, p. 11
Minnesota, the ugly future of American politics
- Mouse Trap, pp. 12-14
How Disney snookered Justice Rehnquist
- Bad Reaction, pp. 15-16
Why can't we make the smallpox vaccine safe?
- Poll Vault, pp. 17-19
The Democrats don't deserve to win at the polls this November. But they probably will a...
- Air War, pp. 20-23
Saddam Hussein uses surveillance, lies, and threats to keep Western journalists from le...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Two of a Certain Kind (2 Reviews) , p. 24
The Grey Zone (2001 Film), by Tim Blake Nelson
- The Grey Zone (2001 Film) by Tim Blake Nelson
- Bloody Sunday (2002 Film) by Paul Greengrass
[+] The Roughs and Beards (Review) , pp. 25-28
Democracy, Culture and the Voice of Poetry, by Robert Pinsky
- Democracy, Culture and the Voice of Poetry by Robert Pinsky
[+] The Rescuer (Review) , pp. 29-32
A Race Against Death, by David S. Wyman and Rafael Medoff
- A Race Against Death by David S. Wyman and Rafael Medoff
[+] Martyrs to Venus (Review) , pp. 33-35
Sexual Revolution in Early America, by Richard Godbeer
- Sexual Revolution in Early America by Richard Godbeer
- Skeleton With Beads, pp. 36-37
- Tel Aviv Diarist: The Pride, pp. 38-40
- On the Cover: Illustration